Jeff Watts of the Watts Atelier is another Youtube channel to bookmark. Their Friday Night Workshop videos are an incredible resource and free to watch. This video is one of their shorter pieces, a fun holiday tradition of four instructors all working on the same painting.
1. Have a look at the treasure I found on EBSQ’s front page this morning, Mermaid and River Dragon by Nico Niemi is magical.
2. Registration is now open for Doodle Swap #17 but now for long! Register by March 3rd to be a part of this fun event.
3. The first of three FREE Strathmore Workshops begins on March 10th. Don’t miss out!
4. Good Art Is Popular Because It’s Good. Right? – An interesting piece from NPR, read it or listen.
5. **If you only click on one link, make it this one!!** Loving Vincent is a Kickstarter campaign to bring an extraordinary, unique animated film to life. This could be the world’s first feature-length animated film, brought you by the Oscar winning studio, BreakThru Films. Watch the video and contribute!
1. I’m thinking green this morning with Valerie Woelk’s painting Koolaus Haiku, though I know much of the northern US was blanketed in white last night.
2. The Museum of Fine Arts in Boston has an hour long video of a discussion with Richard Ormond, grandnephew of John Singer Sargent, and Erica Hirshler, co-curator of “John Singer Sargent Watercolors.”
3. How Left-Wing Politics Changed The Way We Make Art – from Jacques-Louis David to the Guerrilla Girls.
4. Register for the new 2014 free online workshops from Strathmore today. The workshops begin in March with Back to Basics
with Earnest Ward.
5. Top 5 Ways to Refresh your Creativity and get Inspiration for Art Making from ArtPromotivate.
1. Abstract Birch Tree Forest – Beautiful new abstracts from Louise Mead!
2. Reflective Surface on Zeta – Jeanne Forsyth tests out a paper from Stillman and Birn’s Zeta series.
3. Sketchbook and Planning – Do you keep a sketchbook? Does a lot of planning go into your artworks? I discuss my process, or lack of one, on my personal blog.
4. Strathmore 2013 Online Workshops – Registration is open for this year’s FREE workshop series from Strathmore. This year’s workshops are: Abstract Fine Art Painting with Mixed Media, Sketching and Drawing with Toned Paper, and Artful Card-Making Techniques.
5. How to: A Successful Group Exhibition – EmptyEasel.com has a great article on how to organize and curate your own group exhibition.
We know that many of our artists don’t just create; they also teach what they know to other artists. EBSQ has long supported this formally via our EBSQ Live educational workshops each month. But we’d also like to support your endeavours out in the brick and mortar world. SO–if you are teaching an upcoming art (or art-related) workshop, please drop us a line. We’d love to promote your workshops and classes in this space!
Be sure to include all the relevant dates, times, locations, costs, and workshop descriptions, plus any additonal contact information or links to your url for more information.
Like what you see here? We hope you’ll consider leaving a comment or subscribing to one of our feeds. Never miss another cool post from EBSQ. Subscribe to EBSQ: Art Meets Blog v2.0 by Email today!