Beautiful! Be sure to check out Ben DeLuca’s Youtube Channel for more time lapse videos.
After sharing a few oil painting time lapse videos I thought it was time for a beautiful watercolor. The artist is Dawn Carlton.
1. This week’s featured Friday Five artist is Luba Lubin and her Blue Green Abstraction. I can’t resist those blues!
2. Enjoy TED Talks? Check these out: 5 TED Talks to Kickstart your Creativity.
3. James Gurney has a new instructional watercolor video and he’s posted a list of the materials used, with links and notes — Watercolor in the Wild Materials.
4. Looking for a way to improve your figure drawing skills? Sketch Daily References let’s you pick what you want to draw and the time you want to spend on each and then creates a slideshow for you. You can select clothed figures, nude, specific body parts and even animals.
5. Are you an EBSQ Artist with an upcoming exhibition or other event you’d like to share? Get in touch with me to be included in the Friday Five: amanda[at]ebsqart[dot]com.
1. Discovery, Fairy Laundry Day Redux – Sherry’s Key’s imagination is tickles my inner child. I adore this redux of her original Fairy Laundry Day, but I may be a bit bias–I own the original. 😉
2. How to Get Published in a Bead/Jewelry Magazine – Laura Bracken has an excellent post for jewelry artists wanting to be published. This is only Part 1 so be sure to follow her blog for part two.
3. Watercolor Walk-through – Carmen Medlin shares a walk-through for two of her latest watercolor aceo paintings. Discover the in’s and out’s of her process!
4. Art in the White Mountains – Congratulations to Jeanne Forsyth! She has recently been accepted into the North Easter Arizona Fine Arts Association. Her paintings will be on exhibit at the High Country Art Gallery beginning May 22nd.
5. Cambodia vs. the Cleveland Art Museum – Cambodia is the latest country to come forward seeking art they say was stolen from an archaeological site.
1. Zeta from Stillman and Birn – Jeanne Forsyth created the beautiful watercolor above with a new watercolor paper coming from Stillman and Burn in January. Stop by her blog for her review of the paper.
2. MOTM: Infinite Possibilities – Maureen Frank’s Mandala this month is my favorite of the entire year! Download a free copy today!
3. Artistic Temperament – Delilah Smith discusses her drive to paint, and no, it’s not for the money or fame.
4. 7 Top Apps for the Arts – iPhone and iPad users will be inspired by this great article from GeekWire.com Do you own any of these Apps on their list? Share your opinion with us!