1. Art Seen: Rose Pixie by Sara Burrier is a magical way to end the week!
2. Head’s Up: Next month is the start of our annual Think Pink Exhibit at EBSQ. Artists submit artworks that are predominately Pink along with a fee for the exhibit. The fee goes into a donation pool for Breast Cancer education, support, and early detection. Read about last year’s exhibit and see the art – Think Pink 2013.
3. Learning Resources: Art Tip #120 from EBSQ Artist Cathy Johnson – Working on Toned Paper: Cathy has some wonderful tips on her site. I’ll be sharing more in the weeks to come.
4. In the News: An Infamous Art Forger on His Most Convincing Works
5. Exhibits: We are nearing the last week of September. Have you entered in one or both of our September Exhibits? Member’s Choice receives a monetary award!
1. Today’s featured art for the Friday Five is a call for help. Christine E Striemer’s cat Gary is missing. She’s offering an award for whoever finds him: My sweet little Gary went missing Oct 21/2013. An 8″ x 8″ custom pet portrait (or any 8″ x 8″ painting of your choosing) goes to whoever finds her in Eston, SK area!
UPDATE: Gary has been found!! She’s safe and sound at home with Christine. 🙂
2. We are nearing the end of our fundraiser for the National Breast Cancer Foundation. Don’t forget, when you make a donation of $5 or more I’ll send you an ACEO and you get entered to win a Think Pink bracelet by Lisa Wiktorek. See the full details here: Raising Funds for National Breast Cancer Foundation.
3. Speaking of Think Pink, have you entered EBSQ’s annual exhibit? The clock is ticking. Enter the Think Pink 2013 Exhibit today!
4. EBSQ artist Michele Lynch posted her show schedule for October through December. See it on the Michele Lynch Art Blog.
5. Exhibition Without Walls recently interviewed EBSQ member Michael Glover on his amazing HDR Photography. Congrats, Michael!
A rose by any other name by Amie R Gillingham
Flight by Aylan N. Couchie
Flip Flops – Left Behind by Ulrike ‘Ricky’ Martin
Parrot Tulips by Harlan
She will prevail by Windi Rosson
You can see these artworks and more in the EBSQ Think Pink 2013 Exhibit!
EBSQ Artist Lisa Wiktorek and I have joined forces to help raise funds via EBSQ for the National Breast Cancer Foundation. When you donate at least $5 you will receive from me an ACEO of Nature’s Fairy Dust, plus, you’ll be entered to win a stunning charm bracelet from Lisa! Please see my blog post, Raising Funds for National Breast Cancer Foundation, for the full details.
1. If you hadn’t noticed from the last Friday Five, I am in the mood for Halloween Art. This week I spotted Melinda Dalke’s adorable Mummy Terrier on the front page!
2. EBSQ Artist Windi Rosson is donated 50% of the proceeds from the sale of her ThinkPink painting, She will Prevail. The donation is automatic on eBay. Proceeds will go to The National Breast Cancer Foundation. Go place your bid today!
3. Debbie Millman’s advice on courage and the creative life. Here’s a quote I love from Millman: If you imagine less, less will be what you undoubtedly deserve. Do what you love, and don’t stop until you get what you love. Work as hard as you can, imagine immensities, don’t compromise, and don’t waste time. Start now. Not 20 years from now, not two weeks from now. Now.
4. 3D Printer Bot Creates Perfect Replicas of Classic Paintings <– Amazing!!
5. The EBSQ Forums are down for a few days while the site undergoes a major upgrade. You can still connect with us on Facebook. Check out our page!