1. Dogwood Prince – I love this new painting for May by Gretchen Del Rio. Have the dogwoods bloomed where you live?
2. Creating a Fantasy Storybook Illustration – Wonderful post from Ursula Tessa Brozovich- Kerger on creating a Fantasy illustration.
3. Mother’s Day Studio Tour – The 15th Annual Camano Island Studio Tour begins May 10th. EBSQ Glass Bead Artist Vicki Miller will have works shown in the Seagrass Gallery. See her blog for more details.
4. Kickstarter vs. IndieGoGo – Tiffany Toland-Scott shares her experience with the two big crowdfunding sites.
5. Varnish and Finish Coats – Georgia Papadakis has an informative post on her blog about varnish, finish coats and their effect on a painting’s overall color.
The EBSQ Friday Five offers a brief look at noteworthy news from around the EBSQ Artist Blogosphere.
1. A Group of New Pieces – Polymer clay extraordinaire, Lauren Abrams Cole, shares her new, stunning creations with the world. Aren’t they beautiful!?
2. Pencil Sharpeners for Pastel Pencils – Artist Kari Tirrell offers an informative post on the pro’s and con’s of different, name brand sharpeners.
3. Mother’s Day Giveaway -EBSQ artist, Kimberly Anne Bailey, is having a giveaway for a custom pet portrait. You have till April 22nd to sign up!
4. Spring Sale – Sara Burrier is offering a wonderful deal on her prints if you sign up for her mailing list. Lovers of fantasy and whimsy shouldn’t miss this great deal!
5. Studio Tour – Vicki Miller is having a studio tour on April 14. Check her blog for details.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!