1. Art Seen: Halloween is steadily approaching. It wouldn’t be right if I didn’t share a Halloween Skull by EBSQ’s own CES.
2. Artist Guide: 10 Website Mistakes that Kill Your Art Sales
3. Learning Resources: Tip #84 from Cathy Johnson – Sketching on the Spot in Cold Weather.
4. Exhibits: It won’t be long till the calendar turns over and we are November. Now is the time to start plannings for the November Exhibits at EBSQ. Coming up we have Airships (Zeppelins to Steampunk) and Naked Trees.
5. In the News: Are Over Half the Works on the Art Market Really Fakes?
Sketching with a Brush Pen is one of many great free tutorials on YouTube by Scott Robertson. I’ll be sharing more tutorials from other artists on YouTube every Tuesday.
1. This week’s featured Friday Five artist is Luba Lubin and her Blue Green Abstraction. I can’t resist those blues!
2. Enjoy TED Talks? Check these out: 5 TED Talks to Kickstart your Creativity.
3. James Gurney has a new instructional watercolor video and he’s posted a list of the materials used, with links and notes — Watercolor in the Wild Materials.
4. Looking for a way to improve your figure drawing skills? Sketch Daily References let’s you pick what you want to draw and the time you want to spend on each and then creates a slideshow for you. You can select clothed figures, nude, specific body parts and even animals.
5. Are you an EBSQ Artist with an upcoming exhibition or other event you’d like to share? Get in touch with me to be included in the Friday Five: amanda[at]ebsqart[dot]com.