If you’re looking for some inspiration for this month’s Naked Trees exhibit, take a look at this wonderful video from Jerry’s Artarama and Tom Jones.
This spooky time lapse painting from artist, Mary Doodles, is perfect for Halloween week!
1. I love these Four Pups by Melinda Dalke. Too much cuteness in one painting!
2. How Any Artist Can Price Their Art for Sale – Every artist struggles with this in the beginning.
3. Storybird: A New Opportunity for Illustrators – This looks interesting! Kelley McMorris writes, “Storybird users can make books for free by selecting illustrations from the site’s library, then writing accompanying stories.” If the writer purchases their book, the artists get a percentage.
4. Delaware museum loses accreditation over art sale – They sold William Holman Hunt’s 1868 painting “Isabella and the Pot of Basil” to pay off debts.
1. I’d love to see a forest of bluebells like that painted by Janet M Graham in her ACEO, Bluebell Forest. Gorgeous!
2. Thumbnail sketches are a valuable tool for any artist, not matter your medium. Check out EBSQ’s Cathy Johnson’s Tip #131 to learn all about them.
3. Value, highlights, forms, pigments, strokes and more, all in 10 Things… Applying Paint by Gregory Manchess.
1. This week’s featured Friday Five artist is Cyra C Cancel and her Black Persian Cat. 🙂
2. While we’re on the subject of black, you should read Greg Manchess’ blog post – 10 Things. . . Using Black.
3. Are you subscribed to the EBSQ Newsletter? An important issue went out to subscribers yesterday.
5. Another video this week: How Should I Protect My Artwork From Theft? (the Amanda he mentions is not me!)