1. I love these Four Pups by Melinda Dalke. Too much cuteness in one painting!
2. How Any Artist Can Price Their Art for Sale – Every artist struggles with this in the beginning.
3. Storybird: A New Opportunity for Illustrators – This looks interesting! Kelley McMorris writes, “Storybird users can make books for free by selecting illustrations from the site’s library, then writing accompanying stories.” If the writer purchases their book, the artists get a percentage.
4. Delaware museum loses accreditation over art sale – They sold William Holman Hunt’s 1868 painting “Isabella and the Pot of Basil” to pay off debts.
5. Making Green: Tempera versus Oil | National Gallery, London
1. Snowy Field by Delilah Smith reminds me of the countryside here in rural Georgia, especially after the snow storm we had in 2010. Beautiful!
2. You’ve finished a painting just in time for a show, but you need to transport it safely while it dries–what do you do? Check out this great article: How to Make a Wet Painting Holder.
3. Free Video Art Lessons from Jerry’s Artarama – Yes. Free. Enjoy!
4. What qualifies as handmade? Things are changing at Etsy.
5. DrawQuest is now available for iPhone users! What’s the purpose? To encourage daily drawing. Can’t go wrong with that.