If you’re in the Greater Pittsburgh area, we’d absolutely love to see you at The Chocolate Shoppe for the opening of CANDY, our very first brick-and-mortar curated exhibit. There will be plenty of eats, libations, a sampling of some fantastic chocolates, and of course, some awesome artwork. C’mon down! We’re earlier in the evening than most First Friday Artwalk events, so make us your first stop of the night!
You can get the address and other pertinent details on our events page at Facebook
Plan to take pictures? Please use the tag #ebsqcandy when you share on Flickr.
And now, a little music to get you in the mood:
Just in time for our 10th aniversary year, we’re very pleased to announce our very first joint online/brick and mortar curated exhibit! We picked a very simple theme: CANDY. Any kind of candy you like, whether retro, exotic, or just plain tasty.The brick-and-mortar portion of the show will be held at The Chocolate Shoppe, a hand-crafted gourmet candy shop featuring fine chocolates in Greensburg Pennsylvania’s Cultural District. This portion of the show will be co-curated by Chocolate Shoppe proprietor Melissa O’Brien and the staff of EBSQ.All entries in Candy should obviously relate to the candy theme and may be any two-dimensional media that the artist chooses so long as it’s 12 x 12 or less, ready-to-hang, and ready to ship by 22 February 2010 if your work is selected for the brick-and-mortar portion of the exhibit.We strongly recommend all artists include in their statement information about why and how they chose to create their piece, as statements can enhance the experience for the online viewer. We also encourage you to include detail shots of your entries. This will allow the viewer to fully appreciate your work as small details can be lost in an online environment.Eligible entries must meet all points of the prospectus. If you have any questions regarding the prospectus and its requirements, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.Entry Instructions:
This show has special entry requirements
- All pieces must be 12 x 12 or less.
- All pieces must be framed and/or ready-to-hang and as described.
- If your work is selected for the curated portion of the show, it must be ready to ship by 22 February 2010.
- The show will officially open on 5 March 2010
- Artists will keep 100% of the proceeds if their work sells. Unsold work will be shipped back to the artist the last week of April.
To add an entry to any show:
- Upload your art or search your artcase for the piece you’d like to enter.
- Select “enter show” from the pull-down menu at the right hand side of this item (the default says “edit”) and click the “go” button.
- Find the show you wish to enter and read over the prospectus to make sure your piece meets all of the requirements. If you feel you’re good to go, click “enter.”
- That’s it; you’re all done!
Artists may submit up to 5 pieces per show.
Not yet an EBSQ Member? Join now!
Banner photography by Bernard Gagnon under a Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike 3.0 Unported License