New art straight from our home page. Take a look and see what’s new today.
1. Art Seen: Lunga pausa di silenzio (Long Silence) is a beautiful, dream-like watercolor by Alessandro Andreuccetti. The contrasting colors pulled me in!
2. Artist Guide: PACT published an excellent article this week by Armand Carbrera on copyright – Protecting Copyright.
3. How To: “How to Video Your Art” Part 1: Camera Guide – I know some of you have been wondering!
4. In the News: The Case Against Art Show Entry Fees – Let me know what you think in the comments below!
1. Art Seen: Janet Graham’s Ruby Crowned Kinglet is a little gem. I love her small bird paintings!
2. Artist Guide: How to Multiply your Art Revenue – I don’t think there is any one way to sell art, or increase sales, but this guide by Chris Wilson has some merit. I think everyone could tweak this method to suit their art business.
3. Learning Resources: Tip #14 from Cathy Johnson – Capturing the Effect of Distance and Depth.
5. Film: Mr. Turner will open to limited release (USA) in December, but it has been on tour with film festivals around the world. Have you seen it?
1. Art Seen: This Zombie Pumpkin by Jordana Hawen is soooo creepy cute! He’s on the front page now. Go have a look!
2. Inspiration: EBSQ’s Sherry Key shared a link to Danish artist, Lise Meijer, blog post on how to get unstuck. Her #1 one way is the same as mine: ‘move the body.’ Going for a walk or anything that takes me out of the studio and gets the blood flowing is my best fix for any problem I’m having a with a painting.
3. Artist Guide: Muddy Colors has an excellent post by Greg Ruth titled, The Art and the Artist. The article is a guide for how we present ourselves as creators in this digital age–our online and offline presence and actions.
4. Learning Resources: Tip #116 from Cathy Johnson – Studio in a Backback. This is a must read if you’re planning a holiday and want to bring along some art supplies or if you’re on a mission to capture that hidden watercolor off the beaten trail.
5. In the News: If you’re lucky enough to earn a living from your art, you’re probably white. The thing about racial diversity among working artists in America is that it pretty much doesn’t exist.
1. Art Seen: Halloween is steadily approaching. It wouldn’t be right if I didn’t share a Halloween Skull by EBSQ’s own CES.
2. Artist Guide: 10 Website Mistakes that Kill Your Art Sales
3. Learning Resources: Tip #84 from Cathy Johnson – Sketching on the Spot in Cold Weather.
4. Exhibits: It won’t be long till the calendar turns over and we are November. Now is the time to start plannings for the November Exhibits at EBSQ. Coming up we have Airships (Zeppelins to Steampunk) and Naked Trees.
5. In the News: Are Over Half the Works on the Art Market Really Fakes?
1. Art Seen: A Colorful Burst by Delilah Smith captures the magic of autumn unfolding in the northern hemisphere.
2. Learning Resources: Tip #29 from Cathy Johnson – Utilizing Negative Shapes. “Don’t draw your subject, but where your subject is NOT.”
4. Artist Guide: When and How to Negotiate During a Sale: A Guide for Artists
5. In the News: Tax Court Ruling is Seen as a Victory for Artists