1. Art Seen: Janet Graham’s Ruby Crowned Kinglet is a little gem. I love her small bird paintings!
2. Artist Guide: How to Multiply your Art Revenue – I don’t think there is any one way to sell art, or increase sales, but this guide by Chris Wilson has some merit. I think everyone could tweak this method to suit their art business.
3. Learning Resources: Tip #14 from Cathy Johnson – Capturing the Effect of Distance and Depth.
4. In the News: 13 things about the man who gave his $500-million art collection to LACMA
5. Film: Mr. Turner will open to limited release (USA) in December, but it has been on tour with film festivals around the world. Have you seen it?
1. This week’s featured Friday artist is Natasha Wescoat and her magical siren painting, A Little Birdy Told Me.
2. The Art of Copying – a history, a business, and a tool. This is an excellent blog post from Dinotopia creator James Gurney.
3. This week I want to invite my fellow artists to take a look at a Kickstarter campaign – Pictures at an Exhibition. Even $1 will help, but if you can’t donate to the campaign can you share it with a few friends? This is a fusion of Art and Music:
Join us on an adventure as a young woman journeys through the art that inspired Mussorgsky’s classic Pictures at an Exhibition!
4. The deadline is approaching fast for three EBSQ Art Exhibits – Plein Air: Found Reflections, Flower of the Month: Dianthus, and the 14th Annual EBSQ Ripped Off Show.
5. Another great video from Will Terry – How to Get Past Artist Block:
Make visible what, without you, might perhaps never have been seen.
— Robert Bresson
Follow EBSQ on Pinterest!