1. This week’s featured Friday Five artist is Millie Gift Smith! Her painting Lilac Delight is breathtaking.
2. Maureen Franks free Mandala of the Month is titled Change. “What does it mean to change and why do we often fear it?”
3. The April EBSQ Exhibits are now open for submissions: Medieval-Inspired Mosaics and Bluebells. Are you planning a piece for one these shows?
4. Illustrator Kelley McMorris has her own link salad this week – Helpful Advice for Illustrators. Check it out!
5. What’s the difference between instructors and mentors? via The EmptyEasel.com.
1. I woke to thunder and heavy rain this morning, Abril Andrade Griffith’s Rainy Day was particularly appropriate as well as being a darling painting.
2. 10 Things… Finding Your Voice – Artists like writers have a voice too, their own unique style. Finding that voice is one key to success and fulfillment in your art.
3. PACT went live yesterday. What is PACT? Professional Artist Client Toolkit – From their website: PACT is a tool to help freelance Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Comic Book and other illustrators negotiate a better living for themselves. I’ve joined, but even if you can’t, there are some great freebies to be had, including sample contracts you can download and articles from leading artists and art directors.
4. Italian cleaning woman throws away modern art she believed to be biscuit crumbs!
5. Mona Lisa Unleashed — Where are the entries? Come on folks!
1. Dragonfly to Earth by Vermont Mosaics had me daydreaming of summer this morning. Come on Spring!!
2. 10 Things…Evaluate your Painting – Is what your painting fitting with the vision in your mind? Does it work? Greg Manchess shares some questions to ask yourself about your painting.
3. Don’t forget to vote for your favorite in the January EBSQ Exhibits. While you’re there, take a look at the new February exhibits too.
4. The real people behind Clooney’s ‘Monuments Men.’ Have you seen the movie yet? Let us know your thoughts!
5. Top 100 Painting Tips – Everything from what to do if the cap on your paint of tube breaks to converting your step-ladder into an easel.
Today is a perfect day for opening a new door.
Why not begin with creating a work for one or maybe all of our 2014 Exhibits!
EBSQ 2014 Exhibition Schedule
Voting ends tomorrow for our May Exhibits. Have you voted? This months exhibits, Flower of the Month: Irises and Still Life, are filled with amazing art by EBSQ artists. Even if you’re not a member of EBSQ you vote can count by click on the Facebook Like buttons for each entry. Which ever piece has the most, for each exhibit, is receives a Cloud award.
Voting is underway in our August online exhibits: Cats & Dogs, FOTM: Prairie Plants, and Plein Air: Water. Members of EBSQ have until tomorrow, 9/8, to vote for their favorite artwork in each show. Go show your support for our artists!
Entries are now open for September’s exhibits:
The deadline for entering a September exhibit is 9/30/2012. I’ll be entering the Autumn exhibit. Which exhibit is on your radar?
Today is the last day to enter the July Online Exhibits. We have three diverse shows: African Wildlife, Victory Garden, and Pointillism. Entry to these shows is open until this evening at 11:59 p.m. EST. Are you working on a last minute entry?
What’s coming next?
Entries are already being accepted for the August Shows. Here’s a sneak peak at what’s to come next month:
Log into your EBSQ portfolio and enter a show today!