1. This week’s Featured Friday Five artist is April Trice and her entrancing photograph, Undulation. Those blues… The water… Can I go there?
2. Dragon Con is next week in Atlanta, yours truly and fellow EBSQ artist Jasmine Becket-Griffith will be in the 2014 Art Show. If you’re attending don’t miss the Art Show!
3. How to Commission an Illustration – I think this should be recommending reading! Thank you to Mark Satchwill for sharing this with me.
4. We are nearing the deadline for the August Exhibits at EBSQ. Don’t miss out on the chance of winning prize money for Member’s Choice!
5. Making Purple: The Science of Art – Another short but excellent video from The National Gallery in London.
The EBSQ Friday Five offers a brief look at noteworthy news from around the EBSQ Artist Blogosphere.
1. Painting in Progress. . . – Abstract artist, Filomena de Andrade Booth, shares with her blog readers how she does it!
2. Happy Birthday to Me! – Jane Glenholmes is celebrating the one year anniversary of both her blog and her Etsy shop! Stop by her blog for the party and a chance to win in a fun giveaway.
3. ‘Buoy Dance’ gets into IAPS 16th Annual Show – Congratulations are also in order for pastel artist Brenda Boylan! The International Association of Pastel Societies will be showing her pastel painting at the Butler Museum, in Youngstown Ohio. Congrats!!
4. Painting by Personal Guidelines – Laura Barbosa explains her decision to not accept custom orders. It’s something every artist has to deal with–when clients want to be the artist.
5. New Dragons, Mermaids and more – Check out these wonderful new artworks from fantasy artist Emily White!
Do you have something you think is newsworthy? Send me a message @amandamakepeace on Twitter! As always, have a great weekend!