3. Mother’s Day Studio Tour – The 15th Annual Camano Island Studio Tour begins May 10th. EBSQ Glass Bead Artist Vicki Miller will have works shown in the Seagrass Gallery. See her blog for more details.
1. At the Sunset Hour – Karen Winters captures perfectly the magic of a southwestern sunset in her latest painting.
2. Art and Artifice – Georgia Papadakis asks the big questions in her latest blog post: What drives an artist to make a given work of art?
3. MOTM: The Other Side of the Shadow – Maureen Frank’s April Mandala is available to download for free. This month she asks you to explore your full self, even the Shadow we like to hide from the world.
4. April Print Giveaway – Yours truly is once again giveaway a free art print. Stop by my blog for details. Deadline is Sunday night!
5. How to handle tough criticism – Criticism can be an invaluable tool for growing as an artist, but it’s not always easy to accept when said criticism may be more harsh than we expect. EmptyEasel.com has some great advice for taking it in but not taking it personally.
1. No River like a Craving – Head over to Angie Reed Garner’s blog for a larger of view of this immense painting and step into the river.
2. The making of Esplanade Beauty – Melanie Douthit walks us through her painting process. It’s always interesting to see how an artists approaches a painting.
3. My Art and thoughts on Norman Rockwell – Erika Nelson recently had the pleasure of viewing large Rockwell exhibit. I think anytime we see an artist’s work for the first time in a gallery setting, as opposed to through the media, we are changed.
4. How to Choose the Best Social Media Outlet – Don’t have time for multiple social networking sites? All you really need to do is pick the right one for you and your art. This article from EmptyEasel.com shares some great tips!