1. Whether you Make it or Not is Never about Talent by Yuko Shimizu
There are ALWAYS going to be people who are better than you, and that is totally OK. It is an unnecessary distraction you should never focus on.
2. Ten Rules Every Artist Should Live By by Grant Goodwine
The people who don’t give up, no matter what life throws at them, are more likely to make a name for themselves in whichever creative vocation they choose.
3. Freedom of Sketch by Lauren Panepinto
Freedom of speech is a right that trumps freedom from being offended. Every time.
4. On Managing Time, Insecurities, and the Magic Mirror Gate by Guiseppe Castellano
I don’t know of any artist who wakes up in the morning and says, “Yeah, I’m as good as I want to be.” There will always be room for growth. The key is to keep moving.
5. “Anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.” — J.K. Rowling