1. Art Seen: This Zombie Pumpkin by Jordana Hawen is soooo creepy cute! He’s on the front page now. Go have a look!
2. Inspiration: EBSQ’s Sherry Key shared a link to Danish artist, Lise Meijer, blog post on how to get unstuck. Her #1 one way is the same as mine: ‘move the body.’ Going for a walk or anything that takes me out of the studio and gets the blood flowing is my best fix for any problem I’m having a with a painting.
3. Artist Guide: Muddy Colors has an excellent post by Greg Ruth titled, The Art and the Artist. The article is a guide for how we present ourselves as creators in this digital age–our online and offline presence and actions.
4. Learning Resources: Tip #116 from Cathy Johnson – Studio in a Backback. This is a must read if you’re planning a holiday and want to bring along some art supplies or if you’re on a mission to capture that hidden watercolor off the beaten trail.
5. In the News: If you’re lucky enough to earn a living from your art, you’re probably white. The thing about racial diversity among working artists in America is that it pretty much doesn’t exist.