1. Summers are hot, humid and uncomfortable where I live. Mats Eriksson’s painting Summer Flowers reminds me of trying to stay cool, but also yearning for those summer hues.
2. Apply to an artist residency in the Rocky Mountains – Rocky Mountain National Park Artist in Residency Program.
3. 7 Tips for Creative Success from artist Anita Kunz – You’ll want to bookmark this one!
4. Using Shape and Value for Better Compositions – Excellent article from Dave Palumbo over at Muddy Colors.
5. It’s time for the 14th Annual EBSQ Ripped Off Show! Here’s a snippet from the exhibit prospectus:
If you haven’t done a Ripped show in the past, here’s how it works: you pair up with a fellow EBSQ Artist, and go through their portfolio and “rip off” their artwork. It can be one piece or a combination, or your interpretation of their work, ideas, medium, and technique. We invite you to check out past years’ exhibits to get an idea of the sort of things you can do. You MUST pair up with someone from EBSQ. Rip-Offs of non-EBSQ art, like redoing the Mona Lisa or ripping off Picasso, are NOT allowable for this show.
So, go ahead and pair up! If you’d like assistance looking for a partner, sign up in the EBSQ Forums or on our Facebook Page. Feel free to contact someone privately and see if they’d like to partner with you. The artist whose work is being ripped doesn’t have to rip off your work in return, but they do need to consent to their work being a springboard for your own.