1. Delilah Smith’s painting, Little Chick, reminds me of my mother’s childhood stories of receiving a chick for Easter each year. Whether you celebrate Easter or not, chicks and lambs always remind me of this time of year (in the Northern Hemisphere at least!).
2. James Gurney shares his homemade light diffuser for plein-air painting. If you’re looking to make your own take a look at his blog post.
3. Chasing the Hotness via The ArtOrder is an excellent article on the tendency to join every free portfolio site the web has to offer and why it’s more important to focus your efforts on just one. There’s also a great follow up article on the obsession with Likes and going viral, both of which don’t necessarily equate to success or selling your art.
4. 6 Tips for Creating and Running a Successful Artist Newsletter via EmptyEasel.com
5. Submitting and sizing your art for childrens picture books–another great video from Will Terry.