When was the last time you updated your EBSQ Profile? It’s no easy feat keeping track of an online presence, but it is essential. Consistency may be one of the most important aspects of your online persona. What does that mean? I’m talking about making sure you use the same avatar on Facebook, Twitter, EBSQ, WordPress (or Blogger) and so forth. Your avatar is how people identify you across the web and though the internet is becoming more and more open there still exists a barrier between you and your potential art collectors. The monitor. They rely on you to confirm your identity across the various sites you frequent. The same goes for your Artist Statement, Commission prices, etc. Having consistent information across various sites gives your followers confidence in you.
So again, when was the last time you updated your EBSQ Profile? To edit yours, follow this link and login: http://www.ebsqart.com/Edit-Profile
1. My Links – Fill in your various locations around the web. When you do EBSQ generates icons under your name for visitors to see (and click). If you’ve switch blogging sites or opened up a new shop then you should double check your links at EBSQ.
2. Profile Images – This is where you’ll find your Avatar and also other images to represent you. Check to see if they match what you’re using on Facebook and Twitter. It’s okay to change your avatar from time to time–we are not ageless immortals–but changing it too often can confuse people.
3. Artist Statement – Whether you use this area as a bio/about section or an area to discuss your artistic process, is up to you, but it should be consistent with what you display on your website or shop. Even my Twitter profile (which is limited in word count) contains echoes of my EBSQ Artist Statement.
4. Commissions – Do you offer them? When was the last time you updated your prices?
5. Need help? – If you’re not sure where to begin or you’re looking for advice from other artists stop by the EBSQ Forums. Our Getting Started with EBSQ thread is not only for saying Hello! but also seeking help with your profile and portfolio.