The artists of EBSQ have been quick to respond to the unfolding crisis in Japan, just as they always have in other times of trouble during our 10+ year history. We contemplated curating a list of of individual efforts, but ultimately thought we could do more good by creating a special gallery for artists to share their work in concert with a larger audience . If you’re someone who’d like to make a difference by purchasing something beautiful, we ask that you patronize our Relief for Japan Art Gallery and help us spread the word. And if you’re an artist who’d like to be part of this semi-organized aid effort, here’s how:
Relief for Japan Gallery posting requirements
- All pieces must give at least 10% of the proceeds to a recognized aid organization (examples: Red Cross, Habitat for Humanity).
- All pieces must either be for sale directly on EBSQ (via your own PayPal button) or link directly to where it’s available for purchase.
- All pieces need to explicitly state in their artist statement the organization benefiting from its sale and the percentage of the sale price going to that organization.
- Need help including a link in your artist statement? Drop us a line; someone on staff would be happy to assist you!
- Work not meeting these criteria WILL be removed from the gallery.
Thank you so much for supporting our efforts. And please, pass this on!