A lot of the time that I’m working, I will spend a good majority of that time working on “The Hustle”.
What does that mean?
It’s dedication of time towards the promotion of your work and for making connections. I am asked alot, “How do you get your licensing deals?” or “How do you know this person?” “Where are you meeting these companies?”
You may not realize that one of the most important parts of your work as an artist or a freelance creative is in “The Hustle”.
WHAT “THE HUSTLE” IS
– Making cold calls
– Getting referrences from contacts and customers
– Researching companies and entities
– Creating opportunities
– Sending pitches/proposals to potential clients
DETERMINE WHAT YOUR GOALS ARE FIRST
– Do you want a licensing deal?
– Are you looking to collaborate with other artists?
– Do you want to build a relationship with certain people?
– Do you want to have your art put up in a gallery, cafe, restaurant, etc?
– Do you have an idea you want to create?