EBSQ has been doing artist interviews for almost as long as we’ve been online (for those keeping track, that’s almost 9 years!). The one question we’ve been asked time and again is, “I want to be featured; how do I do that?” In the past, it’s always been an editorial decision. But lately, we’ve been wondering, “People actually want to apply; why not let them?” So long as you’re a paid member in good standing, you’re eligible. (not yet a paid artist member of EBSQ? Join now!)
And so we’re excited to introduce our revamped Featured Artist interview program. Here’s how the application process will work:
Send us a photo of yourself along with 5 jpegs that best represent your art right now as well as answer up to 5 of the following questions:
- How long have you been creating?
- What’s your media of choice?
- What, besides your art, brings you creative fulfillment?
- What are your motivations for creating?
- What other artists or movements inform your work?
- How do you know when a piece you’re working on is done?
- What do you find stimulating right now? How does this influence your creative process?
- What brought you to EBSQ?
- What are some of your artistic goals for the future?
- What would you like your fellow EBSQ artists and our collectors to know about you and/or your work?
Send your jpegs and text via email to email@example.com
If it looks like your email will be larger than 6MB, please send additional emails with attachments as needed. The ultimate display size for your work will be 450 x 450 pixels, so if you want to pre-format your images to those size restrictions, we’d greatly appreciate it!
Due to the volume of email anticipated, we won’t be able to reply to everyone’s emails, although we’ll certainly drop you a line if you’re selected!
Our next EBSQ Featured Artist spot goes live on Monday, 10 August 2009, so get those applications in today!
Like what you see here? We hope you’ll consider leaving a comment or subscribing to one of our feeds. Never miss another cool post from EBSQ. Subscribe to EBSQ: Art Meets Blog v2.0 by Email today!