Posts Tagged Tennessee artist
Who and where are you?
Hi, I am Carol DeMumbrum. I paint subjects that both stop me visually and touch me emotionally. I am blessed to live on the same farm I grew up on, right outside of Nashville, Tennessee. If I have not had a paintbrush or pencil in my hand, the day does not feel complete and I am not a happy girl.
How were you introduced to Facebook?
From the social aspect at first, to keep in touch with family and friends. Now, through my business page I am able to get to know my facebook fans, and they get to know me and what is going on in and outside my studio.
Any tips for other artists starting a Facebook Page?
• Post regularly to keep your fans up to date with your work as well as a little about you.
• Have a giveaway through your blog for new facebook fans.
• Interact by asking questions — question poll feature is a great tool.
• Link your work with sites where they can purchase.
• Don’t forget to share upcoming shows, paintings that have sold as well as older paintings.
• Share links that might help other artists.
What’s your favorite Facebook Page feature?
I love the photo album feature, you can create an album and continue to add to it and it puts the latest photo at the top of your page. This feature is great to use for available paintings, sold paintings and any other photos you would like to group together.
Example: Photo album of the critters that taunt my dog outside my studio—a fan favorite.
What’s coming next from your studio?
Lots of plein air paintings. I belong to a local group of plein air artists called the Chestnut Group, a nonprofit alliance of landscape artists and friends dedicated to the conservation & preservation of vanishing landscapes in Middle Tennessee.
I am also planning a series of bovine paintings with a bit of a Nashville flair. Thanks for stopping a minute to read a little about me! I would love to get to know you! I hope you will visit and like my facebook page, and learn more about what is going on inside and outside my studio.