Still Life with Hardanger by Sandra Willard
1. Still Life with Hardanger -Sandra Willard and her extraordinary talent have amazed me again.
2. Lowe Mill Art Studios and Grumpy Cat – The talented artists of this large studio in Alabama, including EBSQ’s very own Tracey Allyn Greene, have been featured in The Huffington Post! Congrats, Tracey!
3. Controversies: eBay and Adobe – Tiffany Toland-Scott shares some very important information concerning this two giants. This is a must read for anyone who uses eBay to sell their art and for all Photoshop users.
4. MOTM: Simplify – Maureen Frank’s mandala for May is all about simplifying our lives. Stop by her blog to download this month’s mandala for free.
5. Fostering Friendly Familiarity – EmptyEasel.com has a superb article on how to market your art by building a relationship with your viewers, not just seeing them as buyers.
1. Little Mermaid Charity Auction – EBSQ Artist Natalia Pierandrei, along with other influential artists, is participating in a charity auction to help Robin Sullins. Follow links on her blog to learn more.
2. MOTM: One Thing Leads to Another – Have you downloaded this month’s free mandala from Maureen Frank? “This month’s mandala reminds us that our lives are a journey…weaving in, out and around in all manner of directions.”
3. Understanding your Story as an Artist – Artist Statements, Blogging, and the dreaded Bio are hurdles we have to tackle as artists. EmptyEasel.com has a great article to you approach these essentials.
4. The 1913 Armory Show Shook the Art World – The centennial is approaching for the 1913 Armory Show, one of the most famous art exhibitions in history.
5. Have you entered one of our February Art Exhibits?
1. Stop and Smell the Daisies – Carol DeMumbrum is participating in a challenge to paint 30 paintings in 30 days. The delightful golden retriever above is the first.
2. MOTD: When all Else Fails – Maureen Frank’s free mandala for January can be downloaded from her blog. This month’s is not about failure, but endings becoming beginnings.
3. 2013 EBSQ Exhibit Calendar – I’ve written a blog post about the exhibits I plan to enter this year. Have you too made a plan?
4. How I Combine Colors in an Abstract Tree – Miriam Schulman discusses her process in the latest post to her blog.
5. 6 Powerful New Years Art Resolutions – If you’ve been avoiding commitment to a diet or maybe cleaning out the garage, maybe you need to focus on this Art Resolutions from EmptyEasel.com.
Happy New Year!
1. Spooktacular Halloween Showcase – It’s October! Each Friday in October I will be sharing something spooky as the main image. Today it’s Jo Hard’s Strange Little Girls. The doll above and other are going on sale this weekend.
2. ADAA Doll Convention – Registration is open for ADAA (All Dolls Are Art) doll convention EBSQ’s own Michelle Lynch will be there teaching two classes. Check her blog for details!
3. MOTM: Reaching Out – Here’s what Maureen Frank has to say about this month’s mandala: ‘Rise and shine, folks! The time is now. Stop the excuses. Waiting for things to be perfect before we put ourselves out there…ain’t gonna cut it any more.’
4. Why sell Limited Edition Prints? – EmptyEasel.com has a great article on, you guessed it, Limited Edition Prints. Do you sell them? Are they necessary?
5. Halloween Showcase on the EBSQ Blog – I have a post up on the forum about a special showcase I’ll be hosting on October 31st. Take a look and chime in if you want to be included!!
Have a great weekend everyone!
1. Into the Rabbit Hole – I love this new painting by EBSQ artist, Hilary J. England. She’s been exploring Fletcher’s color control theories. Read her blog post for more details.
2. Follow your Passion – Christine Krainock shares with her blog readers how she went from being a teacher to an artist.
3. Photo vs. Life – Erika Nelson shares some her process on painting. The photos in this blog post are beautiful!
4. John Marin Watercolor Show – Miriam Schulman shares her accidental find at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
5. MOTM: Priorities – Maureen Frank has her free downloadable mandala for the August available on her blog now. I can relate to this month’s theme!
Have a wonderful weekend!
1. Pop Surrealism – EBSQ artist, Alma Lee, has an informative post on her blog about Pop Surrealism and how her art fits this genre.
2. MOTM: More than One Way to Get There – Maureen Frank’s mandala for July is available to download for free!
3. Review: Faber Castell and Walnut Hollow Oil Pencils – Sherry Key shares her experiences with two big brand oil pencils.
4. Explore your Inner Creative Spirit – Stacey Zimmerman has a series of post on her blog for expanding your creativity. Check out the latest today.
5. How-To: Product Photography – Artist Louise Mead has a great tips for photographing you art for online marketplaces.
Have a great weekend!
1. Little Girl Ponies – This recent painting by Angie Reed Garner caught my attention when I read her description, I tried to recreate one of the million endless pony drawings I did as a little kid. I grew up around horses and always had a sketchbook. I had a million endless pony drawings too.
2. June MOTM: Space & Time – Love this month’s mandala by Maureen Frank: This mandala reminds us that while it would appear that we each exist in our own little worlds, our own little “boxes”…in reality we are all the same and we are all connected.
3. Trying out an Idea – Took Gallagher is having fun in her studio this week. I love seeing an artist’s process! Check out this post and yesterday’s for an update.
4. Sell more Art – Delilah Smith has some interesting tips and thoughts on selling more art, something that’s not so easy to do in today’s economy.
5. Do you have a newsworthy blog post to share with EBSQ subscribers? Let me know about it in advance. Email me at: amanda[at]ebsqart[dot]com.
Have a great weekend!
1. Day Off Art – Kathleen Ralph is a busy mother, artist, and student these days, but even on her day off she’s creating! I love this dragon done in Copic markers.
2. Analog to Digital – Artist Alma Lee is a wizard when it comes to taking one of her artworks, plugging it into her computer and transforming it into something amazing and new. Check it out!
3. March MOTM: Relax – Maureen Frank must be reading my mind, because relax is all I want to do in March. Check out this month’s free to download Mandala of the Month!
4. Two Art House Projects – From my own blog I share two new projects I’m going to be working on this Spring.
5. Your Blog Post Could go Here!! – Blogging isn’t always fun, but it can be a great way to connect with your buyers. Are you blogging at least once a month?
Have a wonderful weekend!
1. Pumpkins and Shadows – I love this new painting from Torrie Smiley. Pumpkins aren’t just for Halloween, you know!
2. Figure Studies – Mark Satchwill shares a great resource for artists who focus on figurative art and those who want to learn or improve their skills.
3. You’re invited – Michele Lynch has a group show coming up. Check out her blog for the flyer!
4. The Art of Emilio Sanchez – Maria Soto Robbins has an interesting post on Cuban artist, Emilio Sanchez.
5. November Mandala – I can’t believe it’s November already! Check out this month’s mandala from a Maureen Frank.
Have a wonderful weekend!