Dachshund Fire Dragon by Tanglewood Thicket Creations
1. Dachshund Fire Dragon – If you’re not familiar with the work of Kasey Sorsby and her magical creations of Tanglewood Thicket you are in for a treat! You can follow her blog via email and she has links to her Etsy shop, Facebook page and more.
2. Inspiration – Michele Lynch discusses where she find the inspiration for her imaginative art.
3. Painting Soundtracks – Soundtracks are not only for films. On my blog I share the albums that inspired some of my recent paintings.
4. On Entering Art Shows – Ann Ranlett discusses the pro’s and con’s of art shows and her plans for the year.
5. Do you have a newsworthy blog post you’d like me to share with our readers? Contact me amanda[at]ebsqart[dot]com.
1. Zeta from Stillman and Birn – Jeanne Forsyth created the beautiful watercolor above with a new watercolor paper coming from Stillman and Burn in January. Stop by her blog for her review of the paper.
2. MOTM: Infinite Possibilities – Maureen Frank’s Mandala this month is my favorite of the entire year! Download a free copy today!
3. Artistic Temperament – Delilah Smith discusses her drive to paint, and no, it’s not for the money or fame.
4. 7 Top Apps for the Arts – iPhone and iPad users will be inspired by this great article from GeekWire.com Do you own any of these Apps on their list? Share your opinion with us!
5. There’s still time to enter your holiday art into our 2012 Holiday Showcase. Stop by the EBSQ Forums for details. Deadline is 12/14.
1. Collage Fun & Watercolors – Patricia Christensen shows off her latest creations after completing a watercolor class by Ian Ramsey. Beautiful!
2. One Petticoat Lane Show – Artist Angela Petruncio mixed media creations will be on display from Nov 30 to Dec 27 in Annapolis, MD. Check her blog for details.
3. 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway – Sara Burrier is giving away 12 gifts to 12 winners this month. You don’t want to miss this giveaway!
4. EBSQ Holiday Showcase 2012 – I need entries for the EBSQ Holiday Showcase. Details on the forum.
5. Do you have a news worthy blog post to share in our Friday Five? Email me at amanda[at]ebsqart[dot]com.
1. The Cheshire Cat – Patience’s September entry in the Nibblefest Art Contest is fabulous! Check her blog for an added dimension.
2. Art Appreciation 101 – Alma Lee explores her identity as an artist and we appreciate (or don’t) art today. Five Star blog post.
3. How to paint a tote – I love when artists share how to’s. This week Maria Soto Robbins shares how to paint a tote!
4. Midnight Reading Promotion – Did you know you can offer limited time promotions on Fine Art America?
5. Make a Video on your iPad (Sell more Art) – Delilah Smith expands art marketing reach with videos via her iPad!
1. Painted Ladies – The painting above by Deb Harvey is only part of a larger, beautiful painting. Check out her blog post for it and a second painted lady.
2. MOTM: Stay Calm – Have you seen Maureen’s free monthly mandalas? They are free to download and color!
3. Is your Art Blog Helping (or Hurting!) your Brand Online? – Excellent article. “If you’re really not up to using a blog, it’s better to not have that feature at all than to have one that’s been left on your website as an afterthought.”
4. How I made $50,000 Selling Art on Facebook – Natasha Wescoat shares some secrets to her success on TheAbundantArtist.com.
5. I’m always looking for great blog articles to share with the EBSQ community. If you have one email me at amanda [at] ebsqart [dot] [com].
1. Dolphin Daze by Fawn McNeill – Gorgeous and serene! Do you see the dolphins? Take a closer look on Fawn’s blog.
2. Sunflower Art Tote Giveaway – Maria Soto Robbins is having a giveaway for a lovely tote bag featuring her sunflower painting. Check her blog for details!
3. Japanese Artist Yajoi Kusama – Miriam Schulman has a guest blogger featuring a polka dot Japanese artist. Yes, you read that right. I wouldn’t share it here if it weren’t worthy!!
4. Selling Art on Pinterest – If there’s a will, there’s a way. Delilah Smith has some tips for hooking buyers via Pinterest.
5. Do you have a blog post that’s news worthy? Contact me at amanda[at]ebsqart[dot]com.
Have a creative weekend!
1. Some like it Hot – I can almost feel the heat in Alice Harpel’s new painting! Take a look at her blog for this and others in her “show box” series.
2. Top Six London Art Adventures – When the Olympics are over there’s still plenty to see. Miriam Schulman has a schedule on her blog.
3. Better Homes and Garden Holiday Crafts Fall – Our very own Janell Berryman was featured in the Better Homes and Garden magazine! Congratulations, Janell.
4. FAQs – Natalia Pierandrei recently posted some FAQs on her blog. I think this is a must for every artist.
5. Volunteering at Northville Art House – Took Gallagher shares her day volunteering at Northville Art House. Great images and commentary!
Have a great weekend!
1. Into the Rabbit Hole – I love this new painting by EBSQ artist, Hilary J. England. She’s been exploring Fletcher’s color control theories. Read her blog post for more details.
2. Follow your Passion – Christine Krainock shares with her blog readers how she went from being a teacher to an artist.
3. Photo vs. Life – Erika Nelson shares some her process on painting. The photos in this blog post are beautiful!
4. John Marin Watercolor Show – Miriam Schulman shares her accidental find at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
5. MOTM: Priorities – Maureen Frank has her free downloadable mandala for the August available on her blog now. I can relate to this month’s theme!
Have a wonderful weekend!
1. Purple Mountain Majesty – Artist Cynthia Agathocleous might just be one of my favorite abstract artists at EBSQ. Her current style, geometric, is mesmerizing!
2. Mission: Small Business & EBSQ- Help EBSQ qualify for a $250,000 grant from Chase and LivingSocial! This grant to support Small Businesses would go a long way.
3. When Drawings go Ugly – Ever have one of those days where your pencil and brain are not connecting? EBSQ artist, Michele B. Naquaiya has some great tips.
4. Shutterbug – Photographer and EBSQ member, Michael Glover was featured in the magazine Shutterbug! Congratulations!
5. How to Get your Art on Greeting Cards – I’m not talking about one of those sites where you sell your own greeting card. This article at Empty Easel is about submitting your designs to greeting card publishers. Excellent resource!
Have a wonderful weekend!
1. Cuban Coffee, Lime and Creamer – Sounds like a perfect way to start a Friday morning, doesn’t it? It’s also a beautiful painting by EBSQ artist, Maria Soto Robbins.
2. Make your own refillable journal – Elis Cook has a tutorial for sale on Etsy you won’t want to miss!
3. EBSQ 12 in ’12 Update – June is the halfway point for the 12 in ’12 Challenge. I posted an update on my blog. Are you participating in the challenge?
4. Guest Blogging Strategy for Artists – EmptyEasel.com has an informative article on guest blogging. Writing a post for another blog is a proven way to generate interest in your own blog.
5. Do you have an article you think should be in the EBSQ Friday Five? Email me at: amanda[at]ebsqart[dot]com.
Have a great weekend!