Posts Tagged Carmen Medlin
1. October Love - October can be spooky, but also cute–why not full of love too? Check out the latest from EBSQ Artist Carmen Medlin!
2. Pumpkin Jack is Back – Who’s Pumpkin Jack, you ask? Click over to Sherry Key’s blog and discover the horror!
3. Make your own Halloween Tree - I decided to turn a family project into a tutorial for my blog!
4. This Guy’s Stuff is So Awesome, I Think I’ll Steal It – On a more serious note, Kathleen Ralph has an excellent article on her blog about art, attribution, and the digital age.
5. EBSQ Halloween Showcase – Have you signed up for the showcase I will feature here on the blog?
Have a wonderful weekend and watch out for those zombies!
Have a wonderful and creative weekend!
Who and where are you?
I am Carmen Medlin, and I am an artist living in the Black Hills of South Dakota with my wonderful husband and three cats. I am continually inspired by God’s creation around me, and nature seems to always find a way into my artwork ; it certainly helps to live in a forest, also! I have a storybook kind of art style, and love to paint things that have a sense of childhood or innocence about them.
How were you introduced to Facebook?
At first I was just using it to visit family and old friends, but a friend of mine who also licenses my art for rubber stamps at Susana’s Custom Art and Card Design talked me into trying a Facebook fan page for art purposes, as she was starting one also. I’m glad she talked me into it, because it was just the sense of community I had been missing since leaving LiveJournal years ago – which is where I met many of my fellow artist friends in the beginning. It has helped me to keep connected both with other artists and with art collector friends.
Any tips for other artists starting a Facebook Page?
I think it is good to give people a peek into your world as an artist – post sketches, a bit of daily life, works in progress, that sort of thing. I am always fascinated by reading about other artists’ lives and their art process. It even makes me like their artwork more and more just getting to know them better. Use a lot of pictures!
What’s your favorite Facebook Page feature?
Definitely the ability to make friends with other artists and collectors. I really love that. This also helps me to see what types of artwork people like best, as you can get more or less immediate feedback. Then I know what to paint more of!
What’s coming next from your studio?
I have several commissions featuring cute mice for different seasons and holidays coming up. I’ve also been sketching a lot of “bird girls”, which I am sure will end up being painted. They either have bird wings themselves or are wearing clothes that have bird wing shapes. I guess I’ve been thinking a lot about birds and rodents lately!