Archive for category Howto
This week’s Friday Five is a collection of just a handful the amazing Youtube Channels to be had for artists.
1. New Masters Academy – Their Daily Life Drawing sessions are what I love most about this channel. Don’t have the time or means to sit in on a life drawing session? They have both nude and non-nude, timed sessions!
2. Will Terry – Looking for tips and advice on becoming a children’s book illustrator? Will Terry supplies this and much, much more.
3. ImagineFX – Digital Artists and Fantasy Artists will love the invaluable resources from one of the best magazines in the industry.
4. Blick Art Materials – Did you know Blick has been around since 1911? Their Youtube channel offers more than just product reviews. Take look!
5. Strathmore Artist Papers – There are a wealth of tutorials to be found in this channel, even entire workshops!
I’ll highlight more of my favorite channels next month. Do you have a go-to Youtube channel for art learning and inspiration?
Anyone planning a plein air adventure for their Winter Landscape Exhibit entry? Take look at this great video from artist Lori McNee.
Watch and see how it’s done!
1. Art Seen: Lunga pausa di silenzio (Long Silence) is a beautiful, dream-like watercolor by Alessandro Andreuccetti. The contrasting colors pulled me in!
2. Artist Guide: PACT published an excellent article this week by Armand Carbrera on copyright – Protecting Copyright.
3. How To: “How to Video Your Art” Part 1: Camera Guide – I know some of you have been wondering!
4. In the News: The Case Against Art Show Entry Fees – Let me know what you think in the comments below!
Shading Light and Form – Basics is another great video from Proko. If you’re not already subscribed to his channel you’re missing out on some great drawing resources.
1. Art Seen: Rose Pixie by Sara Burrier is a magical way to end the week!
2. Head’s Up: Next month is the start of our annual Think Pink Exhibit at EBSQ. Artists submit artworks that are predominately Pink along with a fee for the exhibit. The fee goes into a donation pool for Breast Cancer education, support, and early detection. Read about last year’s exhibit and see the art – Think Pink 2013.
3. Learning Resources: Art Tip #120 from EBSQ Artist Cathy Johnson – Working on Toned Paper: Cathy has some wonderful tips on her site. I’ll be sharing more in the weeks to come.
4. In the News: An Infamous Art Forger on His Most Convincing Works
5. Exhibits: We are nearing the last week of September. Have you entered in one or both of our September Exhibits? Member’s Choice receives a monetary award!
Sketching with a Brush Pen is one of many great free tutorials on YouTube by Scott Robertson. I’ll be sharing more tutorials from other artists on YouTube every Tuesday.
1. This week’s featured Friday Five artist is one of my favorites at EBSQ. Gretchen Del Rio’s Spirit Bear stands out on the EBSQ front page this morning.
3. Words can inspire and words can kill your spirit. Surround yourself with positive people. – Need a pick-me-up? Read Will Terry’s blog post: Don’t Let Them Crap on your Art.
4. Too incredible not to share – Artist’s newsagent shop made entirely from felt looks sew real – in pictures.
5. How to Draw the Figure in Charcoal with Steve Huston – Free HD Tutorial from New Masters Academy