Archive for category membernews
1. Red Fox in Repose – Each Friday morning I’m going to choose something from the EBSQ front page. Today’s Patricia Lee Christensen’s zen fox caught my eye.
2. Did you hear about the newly discovered Van Gogh painting? Of course you have, but if not check out this article from the BBC.
5. Want to create your own Glitch Art? Now you can with this glitch generator.
1. New Day Sunflower – Marcia Baldwin’s vibrant palette plus a sunflower. Stunning! Follow the link for purchase details.
2. Art Scans: Use your head – Or borrow Georgia Papadakis’ head. She has the lowdown on identifying scams online.
3. Painting Giveaway – Carol DeMumbrum is giving away a beautiful tulip painting. Check her blog for details!
4. Are you suffering from creative burn out? – EmtpyEasel.com has 8 tips for rejuvenating your creativity!
5. Tomorrow is the last day to enter the August EBSQ Exhibits!
1. BYOBa – I can’t get enough of Sherry Key’s whimsical and often surreal art. Can you guess the meaning of BYOBa?
2. Hollyhock Painting Started – Take a peek inside Kimberly Vanlandingham’s studio to see how she gets started painting.
3. MOTM: Our Bodies - This month’s free mandala by Maureen Frank encourages us to listen to our bodies and slow down!
5. Tips on Pricing your Art for Licensing – I see this question pop up in the forums often. So here you go. EmptyEasel.com dishes out a few tips to help you with the process.
New art blogged by EBSQ artists this week!
New art, blogged by EBSQ Artists across the web.
This month’s special feature is close to my heart. My studio cat Shadow passed away after a sudden illness and I’ve been a bit lost without her by my side. There was a time when I tried my best to keep her out of my studio, but this only resulted in her crying outside the door non-stop. I gave in and found that all she wanted was to be near me. Like the photo to the right, she would find a box or other spot to sit, and most often nap, while I painted. Before long I came to expect her presence and her gentle nagging when it was time for lunch.
Since her passing I’ve been looking for ways to replace my heartache with joy. One way to do that is to celebrate all the other artists with furry studio assistants. I give you EBSQ’s very own Pet Parade!
1. Sonya Paz and Sami painting on location for a community project.
2. Windi Rosson‘s cat Fred takes his inspection duties very seriously.
3. Melanie Douthit‘s dog Jazzy recently got himself into a bit of trouble in the studio.
4. Juli Cady Ryan‘s cat Francis loves to sit and watch her paint.
5. Stephanie Daigle (a.k.a. the Beaded Heron) had to relegate her studio crew to the other side of the room after tubes of her beads went missing. My heart goes out to Stephanie who lost Ziggy (on the left) in January of this year.
6. Vicky Knowles‘ cat Pancakes likes to observe her Wibbley creations from a high vantage point.
7. Abril Adrade Griffith doesn’t have just one studio assistant. She has a gang. Here to represent the gang is Toast!
That’s it for our Pet Parade. If you’re an EBSQ Artist and would like to participate in a future Pet Parade send you photos and details to amanda[at]ebsqart[dot]com.
1. Still Life – This week’s featured art for our Friday Five is a still life by artist Christine Striemer.
2. Free Flower Doodle Bookplates – Artist Carmen Medlin has a present for readers of her blog…
3. A Minor Setback – Many artists see great results from Facebook Ads, but not all have such wonderful experiences. Georgia Papadakis discusses the negative side of Facebook Ads.
4. 3 Strategic Steps for Creating a Tagline that Gets Noticed – Branding yourself can be tricky. The EmptyEasel.com has a post to help you with that perfect Tagline.
5. Are you an EBSQ artist with a newsworthy blog post to share? Email me at amanda[at]ebsqart[dot]com to be included in our Friday Five.