After sharing a few oil painting time lapse videos I thought it was time for a beautiful watercolor. The artist is Dawn Carlton.
1. Art Seen: Halloween is steadily approaching. It wouldn’t be right if I didn’t share a Halloween Skull by EBSQ’s own CES.
2. Artist Guide: 10 Website Mistakes that Kill Your Art Sales
3. Learning Resources: Tip #84 from Cathy Johnson – Sketching on the Spot in Cold Weather.
4. Exhibits: It won’t be long till the calendar turns over and we are November. Now is the time to start plannings for the November Exhibits at EBSQ. Coming up we have Airships (Zeppelins to Steampunk) and Naked Trees.
5. In the News: Are Over Half the Works on the Art Market Really Fakes?
Jeff Watts of the Watts Atelier is another Youtube channel to bookmark. Their Friday Night Workshop videos are an incredible resource and free to watch. This video is one of their shorter pieces, a fun holiday tradition of four instructors all working on the same painting.
1. Art Seen: A Colorful Burst by Delilah Smith captures the magic of autumn unfolding in the northern hemisphere.
2. Learning Resources: Tip #29 from Cathy Johnson – Utilizing Negative Shapes. “Don’t draw your subject, but where your subject is NOT.”
4. Artist Guide: When and How to Negotiate During a Sale: A Guide for Artists
5. In the News: Tax Court Ruling is Seen as a Victory for Artists
We have a few EBSQ Artists I’d love to see create a time lapse video like this one by Jed Leiknes. Enjoy or run away! I promise, the entire month of October will not be this dark!
1. Art Seen: October is here, so you know what that means. I like to hijack the EBSQ blog to share anything and everything related to Halloween, Autumn and the Harvest. Today, Cyra R Cancel’s Pumpkins painting caught my eye on the front page. Look at those oranges!
2. Call for Artists: Strathmore has announced their 2015 Greeting Card Contest. Click through for more details on how to enter and the prizes.
4. Learning Resources: Tip #51 from Cathy Johnson – Color and Value. “Value does all the work, but color gets all the credit.”
5. In the News: Take a Tour of LAX’s Surprisingly Impressive Art Collection